As a Tenant you have many tools, resources and venues to solicit finding rental property as well as many criteria to consider. Here are a few items to consider when conducting your rental search.
- Are you a first time or reoccurring Tenant
- Are you looking for long or short term rental
- Are you looking for an apartment, condo, home, townhouse, etc.
- What area or areas are you needing to be in
- What are your requirements in a rental (bedrooms, baths, space, features, location, etc.)
- What is you price range
- What venues, attractions, etc. do you need in your neighborhood
- Do you have established employment, rental/mortgage, credit, etc.
These are just a few things to consider as you are conducting your rental search and every Landlord, Management company etc., may have different guidelines when securing tenants so always be as prepared as possible with documentation, references, etc. The better prepared you are the easier and less stressful the process will be for you.
Stay tuned for additional postings on this topic and many others in the weeks/months to come.